You can work miracles
Make a huge positive impact on the lives of others by fostering a FAAS shelter pet!
You can turn a frightened, homesick, discouraged companion animal waiting for a home into a healthier, happier, more confident pet ready to find a permanent family.
Many foster families enjoy the process of successfully preparing a pet for a new destination home and welcoming the next one, and the one after that, into their household.
In others, the line blurs and the foster family becomes the forever family. We celebrate that outcome, too!
- Be at least 21 years old (children may foster with their parents).
- Be able to verify that you can keep pets in your home.
- Make a minimum six-month commitment.
Any animal that is currently available for adoption (and many that are not yet pictured on our website) can be fostered!
While you foster an animal, FAAS provides all necessary food, medication, veterinary visits or therapies.
To foster a pet for FAAS, please:
1. Tell us a little about yourself. Please fill out a foster application. A staff member will call you.
2. Follow up by calling 510-337-8565.
3. THANK YOU! You are on your way to becoming a hero in the eyes of a pet who needs you - not to mention the human team here at Friends of the Alameda Animal Shelter!