You can work miracles
Who wouldn't want to make a huge positive impact on another life?
Well, one of the fastest ways to spread love that we know of is to foster a homeless pet!
You can turn a frightened, homesick, discouraged companion animal waiting for a home into a healthier, happier, more confident pet ready to find a permanent family. In our book, that's a miracle!
Join the FAAS roster of foster families and make a world of difference in the life of a shelter pet.
In your warm, loving foster home, a pet learns to relax, perhaps claims a spot on your couch or by your feet, gets regular exercise, regains his appetite, and starts his journey toward a wonderful new life.
Many foster families enjoy the process of successfully preparing a pet for a new destination home and welcoming the next one, and the one after that, into their household.
In others, the line quickly blurs! The foster family becomes the forever family - and we most certainly celebrate that outcome, too!
- Must be at least 21 years of age (children may foster with their parents).
- Must be able to verify that you can keep pets in your home.
- Must make a minimum six-month commitment to the FAAS foster program.
Any animal that is currently available for adoption (and many that are not yet pictured on our website) can be fostered!
While you foster an animal, FAAS provides all necessary food, medication, veterinary visits or therapies.
To foster a pet for FAAS, please:
1. Tell us a little about yourself. Please fill out a dog, cat or rabbit adoption application, indicating at the top of the application that you are interested in fostering. A member of our Foster Team will be in contact as soon as possible.
2. Follow up by calling 510-337-8565.
3. THANK YOU! You are on your way to becoming a hero in the eyes of a pet who needs you - not to mention the human team here at Friends of the Alameda Animal Shelter!